Understanding US Census Data Sources Online
US Census data abounds! Which datasets contain the information you need? What are all the different products available from the US Census and other providers? Are there tools to help me download specific types of information? This workshop will provide some answers to these questions. By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to list the basic products/datasets provided by the census, have a sense of what types of geography levels are available, and distinguish between data provided directly from the census and data provided by secondary sources like NHGIS or Policy Map.
- Tuesday, April 4, 2023
- 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Virtual Workshop
- Spatial and GIS Working With Data
- This is a virtual event. A URL to participate will be sent via a reminder email 24 hours before the event.
Virtual Workshop Information:
- The link to join this event will be found in your reminder email 24 hours before the event.
- Please join a few minutes early to ensure that your audio setup is working correctly.
- All events are shown in Pittsburgh time. Visit this time zone converter to see when this event will take place in your time zone.
Workshops and events for Carnegie Mellon University Libraries are open to all, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, ancestry, belief, veteran status or genetic information.
If you require accessibility accommodations, please contact the event organizer.