NISO Virtual Workshop: "The Computer Campus: Integrating Information Systems and Services"
Super computing is used by scientists and engineers working on complex research problems. Such investigations may involve data-intensive applications that consume enormous amounts of bandwidth and computing power. Instruction on campus is increasingly tied to learning management systems, which require seamless integration with information resources found in libraries.
At the same time, libraries are expressing numerous concerns associated with digital asset and access management. Where is the institutional IT department and just how far can its resources be stretched? This virtual event will look at systems demands found on campus and offer examples of how innovative research institutions (and most particularly, their libraries) are meeting the challenges of talent-sourcing, integration, and support.
- Scott W.H. Young, User Experience & Assessment Librarian, Montana State University
- Mark A. Beadles, Chief Information Security Officer, OARnet
- M. Brooke Robertshaw, Assistant Professor & Assessment Librarian, Oregon State University
- Twyla Gibson, Assistant Professor, University of Missouri
Additional announcements of participating speakers will be coming soon!
- Wednesday, August 15, 2018
- 11:00am - 5:00pm
- Hunt Library, IDeATe Studio B
- Hunt Library