Learn Data Management through Pokémon! Online
Research data management education strives to provide guidance on how researchers can effectively manage their data to increase the scholarly impact from their research, comply with funder mandates, and take control of their research data! Did you know that Pokémon, a media franchise from Japan which features video games, movies, anime, manga, toys, and other creations, is a great way to learn data management? In this workshop, we will learn data management principles of filenaming, metadata, and documentation through a lens of hands-on activities involving Pokémon. Prior experience with Pokémon is not required for this workshop, but participants should be prepared to take part in several hands-on activities with other workshop attendees. While not required, attendees will benefit from having access to paper, pens, and a webcam, as some of the activities will involve drawing in a collaborative environment.
Related LibGuide: Data 101 by Hannah Gunderman
- Tuesday, October 27, 2020
- 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Online Workshop
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
Online Workshop Information:
- The link to join this event will be found in your confirmation and reminder emails.
- Please join a few minutes early to ensure that your audio setup is working correctly
- All events are shown in Pittsburgh time. Visit this time zone converter to see when this event will take place in your time zone.