Creating maps in Social Explorer and PolicyMap Online
Social Explorer and PolicyMap are two tools provided by the library that allow you to build interactive maps without a need for GIS or coding expertise. Learn how to create and compare maps based on historical and present-day data in Social Explorer and to create layered maps with a variety of data in PolicyMap. These tools will help you build compelling visualizations but also easily access underlying data spreadsheets for further analysis. In this workshop, we'll cover: Creating accounts in Social Explorer and PolicyMap to easily save your work Comparing trends over time with Social Explorer's Swipe Maps feature Creating multi-layered maps using a variety of data sources in PolicyMap Exporting and sharing maps and data from both tools No previous experience necessary.
- Thursday, December 3, 2020
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Online Workshop
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
Online Workshop Information:
- The link to join this event will be found in your confirmation and reminder emails.
- Please join a few minutes early to ensure that your audio setup is working correctly
- All events are shown in Pittsburgh time. Visit this time zone converter to see when this event will take place in your time zone.