Publishing Openly: Understanding the CMU Publishing Agreements and Applying for Funding to the CMU Article Processing Charge Fund Online
Was your article accepted to an open access journal? Do you have to pay an Article Processing Charge (APC) and need support? Was your article published in an Elsevier, ACM, or PLoS journal or publication? Submit a request for funding support to the CMU APC Fund or utilize the CMU Publishing Agreements! The University Libraries offers a number of ways to help you fund open access publishing, from providing direct APC funding support, to maintaining memberships and agreements, and licenses that will help to make your research open access. This workshop will introduce the many ways CMU authors can make their research open access at CMU.
This workshop is intended for those wanting to know more about the publishing options based upon the CMU Publishing Agreements with Elsevier, ACM, and PLoS. Additionally, the workshop will review the CMU APC Fund and its application process. Additional information will be provided for authors interested in making thier publications open access through other means provided by Univeristy Libraries as well, including the CMU Institutional Repository KiltHub https://kilthub.cmu.edu/.
- Thursday, October 29, 2020
- 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Online Workshop
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
Online Workshop Information:
- The link to join this event will be found in your confirmation and reminder emails.
- Please join a few minutes early to ensure that your audio setup is working correctly
- All events are shown in Pittsburgh time. Visit this time zone converter to see when this event will take place in your time zone.