Data Management for Qualitative Data Online
Research data management education provides guidance on how researchers can effectively manage their data to increase the scholarly impact from their research. However, guidelines for data management may vary significantly across domain areas. All domain areas engage with data in some manner, with the caveat that the physical form of these data may differ visually and structurally. Researchers specializing in qualitative data engage with many unique forms of data, including photographs, film, literature, ethnographies, and audiovisual materials, all with their own considerations for how to effectively manage them. This workshop will provide data management tips and tips specifically aimed at qualitative researchers from all levels (students, staff, and faculty), including how to clean data, develop file-naming schemes, and store your data securely.
Related LibGuide: Data 101 by Hannah Gunderman
- Thursday, February 11, 2021
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Online Workshop
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
Online Workshop Information:
- The link to join this event will be found in your confirmation and reminder emails.
- Please join a few minutes early to ensure that your audio setup is working correctly
- All events are shown in Pittsburgh time. Visit this time zone converter to see when this event will take place in your time zone.
Hannah Gunderman (she/they) is a Research Data Management Consultant at Carnegie Mellon University Libraries, where she provides data management support and education for students, staff, and faculty in all areas of study, from fine arts to STEM.