Intro to Python, Shell, and Git
This virtual event is an example-driven three-day workshop on basic coding in Python, as well as how to use Shell and Git. Short tutorials alternate with hands-on practical exercises. Participants are encouraged both to help one another and to try applying what they have learned to their own research problems during and between sessions. This workshop is designed for people with no coding experience or novice coders.
This event runs from December 1-3, from 9:00 am-1:00 pm Eastern Standard Time each day. Please only register if you can attend most or all of the workshop over the three days.
Please contact Melanie Gainey at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
You can register for this event here.
A zoom link and set-up instructions will be sent to you prior to the workshop.
- Wednesday, December 1, 2021
- 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Virtual Workshop
Virtual Workshop Information:
- The link to join this event will be found in your reminder email 24 hours before the event.
- Please join a few minutes early to ensure that your audio setup is working correctly.
- All events are shown in Pittsburgh time. Visit this time zone converter to see when this event will take place in your time zone.
Workshops and events for Carnegie Mellon University Libraries are open to all, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, ancestry, belief, veteran status or genetic information.
If you require accessibility accommodations, please contact the workshop instructor.